Unfortunately, in reality there is no magic pill for you to get rid of that bulging tummy. In order to flatten and make it look better, you really have to exert yourself by modifying your diet and performing exercises to lose belly fat. Since between the two, exercising is a bit more challenging, this article will discuss about some effective exercises that can help you attain those flat abs you have long been dreaming of.
As you want to get rid of the fat in your mid section, what you primarily have to do is exercise your stomach muscles. Yes, your stomach has muscles, it’s not all intestines! You have to focus on this muscle group so you can strengthen your core and get rid of unsightly flab.
Performing stomach workouts are not only good for the tummy but the whole abdominal area. Of course, there are some techniques which specifically strengthen the upper or lower abdominal muscles, but often, the exercises benefit the whole area.
When you start doing stomach exercises, you have to stick with a productive schedule. Remember that frequency is more important than intensity. You should aim to workout on a regular basis. Start slow and build your repetitions as you feel comfortable to do so.
Five of the best exercises to lose belly fat are the following:
• Crunches – Lay on your back with your knees bent. Then, lift your shoulders off the floor. Make sure that your ribs are towards your hips.
• Leg raise – You can do both single and double leg raises. The former only involves raising one leg from the floor after the other, while the latter is raising both legs at the same time. These exercises are great for the lower abs.
• Reverse curl – Lay on your back and bend your knees towards the direction of your chest. Make sure that you keep your hips on the floor as you contract your abdominal muscles. This is just like doing crunches in reverse but instead of lifting your shoulders off, you crunch your lower torso instead.
• Plank – Position yourself for a pushup and then hold it. If you have a mirror to check your reflection on, you need to ensure that your body is looking like one long and straight plank from the head to the toes.
• Twist – Sit up straight and put a stick across the back of your shoulders. Then, twist from one side to the other. After twisting, you can do bends too. Both can help you get rid of unwanted tummy fats.
These are five of the most effective exercises to lose belly fat. Again, remember that there is no magic solution for your bulging tummy. If you want to have a better shape tomorrow, start exercising! If you don’t, then that’s a day longer away from your goals.