Flat tummy exercises are aimed at burning the fat from the stomach and achieving a toned belly. It is much effective when combined with resistance training exercise and food intake with reduced calories. These enable the body to develop into a fat burning machine and reduce fat around the stomach slowly. The caution here is not to reduce too many calories to prevent weight loss plateau because this tends to lower the metabolic rate eventually resulting in weight gain.
Myths about stomach exercises…
Due to mass media about stomach exercise in the TV advertisements about the latest tummy flattening machines, fitness magazines and even gym influence that just by doing some abdominal exercises and crunches, the accumulated fat in the stomach can be removed. This is truly a myth and it is the root cause of fitness failures. The truth is, one cannot reduce the fat from the stomach (midsection) area just by using exercise alone. The best and proper way to lose fat is working out the entire body causing burning more calories than one consumes. Sad to say but many people are of the opinion that they get a flat stomach by performing hundreds of crunches per day. They are also under the influence of one meat that they can get flat stomach through abdominal crunches. Even today, people are still under the misconception. Again, it is to be corrected that to achieve a flat stomach, healthy planned diet, resistance training exercises and the most direct exercise, the flat tummy exercises that work together to achieve the best result.
Moreover, this article will give you an idea what are those exercises for tummy that can be helpful in one way or the other to tone abdominal muscles and eventually lose those unwanted fats when combined with other health related techniques.
Before starting any exercise, it is but a must to know postural guidelines for stomach exercises so that it will be effective and prevent injury.
- While doing the exercise, your head should always be horizontal to the ground over the shoulders.
- Knees should be aligned and lie with your feet spaced comfortably apart.
- What you need to do is to lie down on the floor with your back pressed against the floor.
- Put the soles of your feet flat on the ground with your knees bent and your arms at the side.
- Lift the hips (pelvis) section up and hold for 1-3 seconds before lowering slowly back on the ground.
- The upper body must remain flat on the floor while doing this.
- Do this as desired and as long your body can tolerate.
Right Twist Left Oblique
- Just lie down flat on the floor with your hands behind the neck.
- The body should be twisted upward towards the right flexed knee.
- Try to lift your right leg to meet your left elbow.
- Repeat on the opposite side; do this as long as you can.
- Lie on the floor and place hands under your buttocks.
- Keep your back pressed against the floor and raise one leg off the ground and slowly lower it down.
- Raise the other leg off the ground and slowly lower it back down.
- Do 3 sets for 10 counts.
Hanging Frog Kicks
- With hands about shoulder width apart, hang your body straight down from a bar and move your legs and pull your knees up to your chest, while simultaneously bending your legs completely.
- Hold this position for a moment as long as you can and lower to the starting position.
- Do this as long as you can.
- You need to lie flat on the floor with your legs elevated.
- Pull your legs towards the chest while contracting the lower abdomen.
- Get back to the starting position and repeat as long as you can tolerate.